2 cups Cavena
4 cups water
2 cubes Knorr chicken bouillon1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 zucchini choped
1/4 lb. mushrooms sliced
1 large clove garlic crushed
1/2 cup white wine
2 1/2 - 3 cups chicken bouillon
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper and hot red pepper flakes
1/2 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Bring 4 cups water and 2 cubes chicken bouillon to rapid boil.
2. Add Cavena and reduce heat. Partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until oats are tender yet firm - 30- 40 minutes.
3. Pepare chopped vegetables while oats are cooking.
4. When oats are cooked, melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When bubbling, add red onion, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic. Saute, stirring often until onion has softened (3-4 min).
5. Add wine, 2 1/2 cups chicken bouillon, spices and oats.
6. Bring to a boil, stirring often, until Oats have a creamy texture (10 min). Stir in corn, peas and parmesan. Heat just until veggies are hot, (2 min) stirring frequently.
Serve with crusty whole wheat rolls and green side salad.
© 2014 Smart & Natural Foods Ltd. Webmaster: Ganica Design Solutions